Bailey home quilter

 Bailey home quilter was manufactured  at the Bailey sewing center in Leicester Ny by Chuck Bailey.It is a 17" sewing head  with enhanced lighting. The home quilter is not a stretched machine. It has been produced with Janome Parts, which are readily available, and the outer shell was custom precasted by the manufacturer. The machine is very similar to a rotary sewing machine with a 15 class a bobbin. The tension is not automatic but set by a tension dial. Different weights of thread require different settings that you will become accustom to setting. I have used every weight of thread on this machine. The Bailey can be used on a frame or on a table should you not wish to use the pcq.

My Bailey sits on a robotic quilting carriage operated by a xp thinkpad, via a parallel cable. Pc quilter also has usb connectors should you want to change computers and not have access to a parrell port. This adapter would have to be purchased through the pcq manufacturer or at the very least ask them for specifications so you get the correct adapter.

The model of robotics is a model N - pc quilter. Please visit pcquilter.com to review the operation and assets of a pc quilter. I have many designs of the pantographs. The c drive of this laptop is locked down so you will not lose  the software. I have the software on a Cd and the physical manual. The pc quilter works with  the foot pedal being inserted into it's hardware. If you choose to fmq without the robotics you can. By removing this carriage putting the Bailey on a regular quilt carriage ( I will provide an Upgraded carriage for this purpose). In that case you don't need the foot pedal and I have put an adapter plug on it so it isn't in your way, This is  very convenient when not using the pcq and deciding to  free motion. . Alternatively you can use as a sit down machine. The choice is yours.

The pc quilter is capable of stitching out digital pantographs created in a txt file. You can clip, flip and duplicate patterns, use math help to ensure your quilt design is evenly distributed through the quilt.

Because of  the type of pc quilter combined with my frame I am altering designs to stitch out 6" high. This is a function that is easily done through the pcq software.

The reason for this is  if you have a108" quilt it is hard to have a larger pattern fit in the  harp of the sewing machine towards the end of the quilt. My frame is 8' ' in length this can be adapted for a larger surface by purchasing new poles. Mine are conduits I purchased to increase the frame from 6 to 8 feet. 


Pc quilter will provide their latest update should you change to a new computer system. For a fee they provide support. It is free to register your machine with them so you can receive updates.

Lastly my pc quilter sits on a handy quilter 11 table top frame. I have adapted it to accommodate my Bailey and Pc quilter. The sale would include everything even the 2 set of drawers it sits on. I have also changed the foot to a metal ruler hopping foot great for jumping over lots of seams. You can also decide to do fmq ruler work. The foot is not cheap to purchase I was quite pleased with it so left it in place to do my quilting.

References on Facebook

1) Bailey home quilter - please visit this site for tips, oiling and files in the file section of the Facebook page.

2) pc quilter computerized sewing system- This is a self help site. 

3) https://www.blogger.com/blog/posts/917839996783430958

(Bailey website I built years ago) 


Please note some of these pictures are not mine but taken from the Facebook page

This is important to check to see your wheels will run along your track.
Vinyl tracks can be replaced by steel rods, door tracks aluminum trim for ceramic tile that  has a L profile. 


The Bailey sits on aPcq carriabe


Description of the Bailey 

Manual for Bailey can be found in tbe file section under Baileyhome quilter 
Facebook page

These are handles used if fmq without the pc quilter.They plug into the top of the Bailey with the usb plug.
They can be put on the back or front of the Bailey held in place with c clamps. 
I was not a fan of this setup and replaced the pvc piping with a grace upgraded carriage and attached the buttons and speed control box to the carriage handles. See below






This is what the Bailey looks like off the frame



My intention is to sell this whole set up. For the buyer I would provide lessons in my home before the machine is taken home by the purchaser. I am downsizing to move and my set up won't fit in my new surroundings. 

I have owned my Bailey since 2012.

I am pricing it very reasonably with the consideration of the pc quilter. 

My price is firm. 

Should you be interested please contact me for viewing of my equipment and a demonstration.

For a purchaser I will offer a lesson to get you started, the manual is well written and not hard to follow. The manual contains alot of information and can be overwhelming if you are trying to learn too much at once. I suggest picking a project and going from there. 

I am located in Constance Bay Ontario a 45 min drive NW of downtown Ottawa. 





Comments